Wow! Can you believe it's October already? I can't! And before I know it, 2015 will be here, but before that there's Quilt Market, my birthday, Quilt Festival, a quilting retreat, M's birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!
Back in January, I set goals for 2014 in the following categories: financial, health, home and quilting and sewing.
Here's the list of my quilting and sewing goals:
1. learn to use my serger - for reals this year
2. complete more of my WIPs, and acknowledge that it's okay to give away or discard projects i'll never finish!
3. make at least 4 quilts for charity
4. participate in Feathers QAL and finish quilt promptly
5. keep using the fabric i have instead of purchasing more, and limit new purchases (basic solids purchases are okay, but try to keep other fabric purchases down to less than 2 yds per month
6. continue with the garment sewing and use up the garment fabric i've already purchased
7. make a quilt with my hoarded jay mccarroll fabrics
So, how am I doing so far?
#1 - ummm, no serger attempts yet!
#2 - no progress this quarter, sadly.
#3 - three done and one to be finished this month, so i'm on track with this goal
#4 - I got my Feathers quilt top done promptly but then couldn't decide how i wanted it quilted. I finally got Pam to quilt it on her long arm, then got the binding done and got it finished in late August. Not exactly "promptly" by any stretch of the imagination, but at least it's done!
#5 - I've totally failed with this goal, as I've purchased around 250 yards of fabric, and used roughly 200 yards. My original usage goal was 200 yards, which I've achieved, but when I went bonkers with the fabric purchases, I upped my goal. Quilt Market and Quilt Festival are just around the corner and sure to be filled with too many temptations!
#6 - September was the month I drank the Kool-aid and made SEVEN pairs of City Gym Shorts from the Purl Soho pattern, I wear them almost every day!
#7 - I still haven't made a whole quilt using my hoarded Jay McCarroll fabrics. I've really been wanting to make a medallion quilt, and I'm waffling between using these fabrics or making it scrappy.
I'm thinking goal #1 gets punted to next year AGAIN. But #7 is definitely achievable by the end of the year. Now let's see what I can accomplish in the 4th quarter of 2014!
3rd Quarter Small Object Finishes (not all are included):
3rd Quarter 2014 Quilt Finishes: