Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Weekly List - The Stash Bash Update



Last weekend I was outside of Atlanta attending The Stash Bash, hosted by Chris Warnick aka Frecklemama.  Chris is an amazing woman who has hosted this event the past two years, and I'm already looking forward to seeing what she has in store for us next year!

last year there was a zipper pouch swap.  This year, Chris assigned us Sew Secret Agent partners.  My partner Sarah spoiled me with a lovely tote, a fox embroidery in a hoop, some fat quarters, a magazine, some delicious candy, and some fox notepads that i'd been eyeballing every time I went into target but had managed to resist!

 
Chris also lined up some amazing sponsors, so we had tons of drawings for door prizes, plenty of swag in our goodie bags, and often got even more goodies at our meals!

 
Look at all this goodness:  an Olfa Splash rotary cutter, Aurifil thread and embroidery floss, a minicharm pack of the new Kona solids, pins, needles, seam ripper, small scissors, and more!
 

 
At one meal we got charm packs, and I grabbed up a charm pack of the new Moda Grunge!  At another meal we each got a 9.5" square Omnigrid ruler!

 
At a snack break we had patterns donated by May Chappell, and the pattern on top was in our swag bags.
 
 
 
Ella, one of the attendees, made each attendee a lovely needlebook, and Sharon, another attendee, made each of us a tissue cover with tissues, for our tearful goodbyes.



 
My darling friend Amada was also a sponsor, and she generously gave each attendee a kit with a screenprinted panel, zipper and lining fabric to make a zippy pouch!  mine says "zip" and she also had "sew" and "stitch" if I remember correctly.  She screen prints all kinds of goodness, so you should check out her etsy shop!
 
 
I won not one but TWO doorprizes, both FQ bundles generously donated by Art Gallery Fabrics!  Yes, that's some Angela Walters and Sarah Watts you see there!
 
In between drooling over all the wonderful free stuff and gabbing with old and new friends, I did manage to squeeze in some sewing!
 
I made a set of potholders for my Sew Secret Agent partner, since I'd stalked her online and knew she liked to bake.
 


 
I also made a Super Tote and worked on my polaroid blocks.
 




Since I got home, all of my sewing has been working on this baby quilt for a baby shower for M's niece J that was yesterday.  Whew!  I just barely finished in time for the baby shower!



Needless to say, what with getting ready for Stash Bash, then returning home and getting down to business to make and finish a baby quilt in less than a week, while working AND being sick, I didn't get to much else on my to do list!

Goals for this week:

1.  finish Ghastlies polaroids into a mini quilt
2.  sash remaining polaroids into sections and piece quilt top
3.  quilt Sweet Sunshine wallhanging and bind

what have YOU been up to lately?