Last fall, I joined a Polaroid swap on IG, and went a little nuts. In addition to the online swap, I did one on one swaps with several friends and local guild members. and I made myself a ton of blocks. a ton. I think I ended up with 400 blocks!
At Stash Bash I finally started piecing the blocks together in sections. I decided to separate the blocks by theme and just piece each set of themed blocks into a section, and then when I'm done, I can piece the sections together. I'm using a variety of greys to sash the polaroids into blocks, mostly solids, but throwing in some prints here and there.
the first section I pieced was portraits from The Ghastlies. I liked this section so much that I'm keeping it separate and turning it into a miniquilt.
so far, I have cats, farm animals, fruits, bugs & frogs, ocean life, pirates, birds, and sewing room sections pieced. that's less than half of the polaroids I have! and that's after I weeded out a ginormous stack and mailed them off to someone assembling a charity quilt!
these are my remaining blocks to piece:
My goal is to get this pieced into a top then get it quilted and finished by the end of the month.