Monday, September 9, 2013
The Weekly List
i made my dress out of a linen blend fabric, and used a tiny floral print bias binding to finish the armholes and neckline.
i'm fairly pleased with how my dress turned out. i do wish i had lowered the front neckline some, but i only had about 3 extra inches of the bias tape, and i didn't want to end up short! i also might put in vertical darts on the bodice front to nip in the waist a bit so that it's more fitted.
the corrections Jen showed me how to make in the curve of the back seam really helped make the dress fit my slight sway back. though i've made lots of dresses before, i've never made one that fit so well in the back. she also helped me adjust the drop at the shoulders to acommodate my short torso, and how to modify the armholes to fit my narrow shoulders. all in all, the class was well worth the fee just for that help!
sunday, i spent most of the day tracing patterns from this book onto freezer paper and making adjustments on the blouse and skirt to fit myself. then i cut the sleeveless scarf blouse out of a piece of floral polyester voile i had on hand. it's kind of hard to fit while unfinished, due to the buttons on the side, but we'll see how it goes. i've got it about half finished, so maybe i can work on it a bit more tonight.
i won't have a ton of sewing time this week, but here are my goals:
--- finish sleeveless scarf blouse
--- remove paper from paper pieced log cabin blocks and assemble quilt top
--- cut out and finish knit wrap