i've been pretty lax lately about taking photos of works while they're in process. i'd like to try to get better at it, so that i can document all the stages of my projects, not just the end result!
since last august i've been slowly working on blocks for a low-volume HST quilt. i'd cut a bunch of fabrics and sew blocks. then i'd trim those up. then i'd make some more. rinse and repeat. before i went to Stash Bash earlier in the month, i got out my pad and pencil and drew my layout. i knew i had 144 blocks. i thought they each finished at 6", so i was thinking a 12 x 12 layout would give me a 72" square quilt. great, no? no. my blocks finish at a mere 4", so a 12 x 12 layout gives me a nice sized baby quilt!
regardless, i laid out my blocks i did have at Stash Bash and sewed them together into quads.
this week i pulled my fabrics and gathered up scraps collected from friends and cut 226 more squares and marked them for sewing HSTS. this will give me 226 more blocks for a total of 370. this is a few more than enough for an 18 x 20 layout, which will give me a generous 72" x 80" quilt - plenty big enough to snuggle under, even if M wants to share!
i'd like to get this stack of squares sewn together, cut in two, pressed and ready to trim up at the HMQG retreat May 3-5. with a little perseverance i might just make it happen!