Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WIP Wednesday

i've been pretty lax lately about taking photos of works while they're in process.  i'd like to try to get better at it, so that i can document all the stages of my projects, not just the end result!

since last august i've been slowly working on blocks for a low-volume HST quilt.  i'd cut a bunch of fabrics and sew blocks.  then i'd trim those up. then i'd make some more.  rinse and repeat.  before i went to Stash Bash earlier in the month, i got out my pad and pencil and drew my layout.  i knew i had 144 blocks.  i thought they each finished at 6", so i was thinking a 12 x 12 layout would give me a 72" square quilt.  great, no?  no.  my blocks finish at a mere 4", so a 12 x 12 layout gives me a nice sized baby quilt!

regardless, i laid out my blocks i did have at Stash Bash and sewed them together into quads.

002

this week i pulled my fabrics and gathered up scraps collected from friends and cut 226 more squares and marked them for sewing HSTS. this will give me 226 more blocks for a total of 370.  this is a few more than enough for an 18 x 20 layout, which will give me a generous 72" x 80" quilt - plenty big enough to snuggle under, even if M wants to share!

001

i'd like to get this stack of squares sewn together, cut in two, pressed and ready to trim up at the HMQG retreat May 3-5.  with a little perseverance i might just make it happen!


No comments: