Friday, February 1, 2013
this week i finished my first string triangle quilt! i say first because i've already got blocks made for a second, and i'm planning on at least a third and fourth. for this one i used string scraps in bright kid friendly colors and prints, and found a couple white on white prints in my stash to use for the background. as intended, all of the fabric for the quilt top and backing and binding came out of my stash. the quilt finished at 45" x 54" which makes it a great kid-sized quilt!
once again, i used this destined for charity quilt to practice up on my free motion quilting. i used an all-over loopy meandering in the white background, but left the strippy triangles unquilted. i love how crinkly this quilt turned out after washing! the unquilted triangles ended up a bit puffier than i would have liked, so i think on the next one i'll quilt the triangles, too.