last week i really struggled with a layout for a quilt using my embroiderbee blocks (8) and color coordinating drunk love blocks (14). i finally settled on the following plan: to stitch up a couple more drunk love blocks, then assemble the drunk loves in a 4 x 4 layout. i'll use this for the back of the quilt.
for the front, i'm going to randomly arrange the embroiderbee blocks, then fill in the blank space with a solid medium to light grey.
the great thing about this plan is that a) i didn't have to make a bazillion more blocks, just two, b) the two new blocks were made easily from my scrap stash, c) i already have the grey broadcloth i'll use, and d) i'm almost certain i have some purple print i can use as the binding!
the quilt should finish at 48" square, and i think i'll pebble quilt it, leaving the embroidered portions unquilted since they're not very large.