i was somewhat successful at getting last week's goals accomplished. i didn't get the benjamin bunny top basted, but i did pass the top, backing and binding off to my friend safieh to use to practice freemotion quilting on her new Juki. i did make a few more little apples drunkard's path blocks. i got my row robin quilt basted, but not quilted.
i had good reason, though, for not getting more done . . . this week M and i started working on the renovations on his house. i've been to home depot more times this week than i care to count!
we now have granite for the kitchen counteertops and bar tops, which M will cut and install:
this is the color of the kitchen cabinets (we're having new doors made!):
and tile picked out for the kitchen and breakfast nook:
we've also looked at tile for the master bath, for both shower and floor, and have begun to look at paint colors.
needless to say, my focus wasn't exactly on sewing this week!
goals for this week:
--> quilt and bind row robin quilt
--> sew some more little apples drunkard's path blocks
--> cut sashing and borders for 1930's repro quilt