Wow! Can you believe it's July already? I can't! I have no idea where the last six months went!
Back in January, I set goals for 2014 in the following categories: financial, health, home and quilting and sewing.
Here's the list of my quilting and sewing goals:
1. learn to use my serger - for reals this year
2. complete more of my WIPs, and acknowledge that it's okay to give away or discard projects i'll never finish!
3. make at least 4 quilts for charity
4. participate in Feathers QAL and finish quilt promptly
5. keep using the fabric i have instead of purchasing more, and limit new purchases (basic solids purchases are okay, but try to keep other fabric purchases down to less than 2 yds per month
6. continue with the garment sewing and use up the garment fabric i've already purchased
7. make a quilt with my hoarded jay mccarroll fabrics
So, how am I doing so far?
#1 - ummm, no serger attempts yet!
#2 - making progress, as I finished two WIPS from 2013 and one from pre-2013!
#3 - two done, so i'm on track with this goal
#4 - I got my Feathers quilt top done promptly but then couldn't decide how i wanted it quilted. i now have a backing made and have asked my friend Pam to long arm quilt it!
#5 - I've been using stash, but I've also made some purchases. and i pre-ordered ALL of the new cotton + steel, which should arrive in july. oopsie.
#6 - haven't made any garments yet this year, except a couple pairs of pj pants. oh, wait, i did. i made a dress.
#7 - I still haven't made a whole quilt using my hoarded Jay McCarroll fabrics.
I really need to get cranking on goals # 1 and 6. I'm thinking I may just destash my Jay McCarroll horde, but we'll see. Now let's see what I can accomplish in the 3rd quarter of 2014!
Finished quilts for 2nd Quarter 2014:
Small Objects finished 2nd Quarter 2014 (not all are included):