Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Year in Review - 2nd Quarter 2014

Wow!  Can you believe it's July already?  I can't!  I have no idea where the last six months went!

Back in January, I set goals for 2014 in the following categories: financial, health, home and quilting and sewing.

Here's the list of my quilting and sewing goals:

1.  learn to use my serger - for reals this year
2.  complete more of my WIPs, and acknowledge that it's okay to give away or discard projects i'll never finish!
3.  make at least 4 quilts for charity
4.  participate in Feathers QAL and finish quilt promptly
5.  keep using the fabric i have instead of purchasing more, and limit new purchases (basic solids purchases are okay, but try to keep other fabric purchases down to less than 2 yds per month
6.  continue with the garment sewing and use up the garment fabric i've already purchased
7. make a quilt with my hoarded jay mccarroll fabrics

So, how am I doing so far?

#1 - ummm, no serger attempts yet!

#2 - making progress, as I finished two WIPS from 2013 and one from pre-2013!

#3 - two done, so i'm on track with this goal

#4 - I got my Feathers quilt top done promptly but then couldn't decide how i wanted it quilted.  i now have a backing made and have asked my friend Pam to long arm quilt it!

#5 - I've been using stash, but I've also made some purchases. and i pre-ordered ALL of the new cotton + steel, which should arrive in july.  oopsie.

#6 - haven't made any garments yet this year, except a couple pairs of pj pants. oh, wait,  i did.  i made a dress.

#7 - I still haven't made a whole quilt using my hoarded Jay McCarroll fabrics.  

I really need to get cranking on goals # 1 and 6.  I'm thinking I may just destash my Jay McCarroll horde, but we'll see.  Now let's see what I can accomplish in the 3rd quarter of 2014!

Finished quilts for 2nd Quarter 2014:




Small Objects finished 2nd Quarter 2014 (not all are included):


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was going to ask you if you made that promise to yourself about your stash before cotton and steel came out.

lol.