Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Finish



 Back in March, I finally made my first Super Tote from Noodlehead's pattern.  While I really liked the fabric, I decided to give it to my mom for her birthday at the end of March, and I'm glad I did.

Before The Stash Bash, I decided I'd use some of my time there to make another for myself out of some hoarded Echino fabrics.


I had a little more difficulty with the piping because I used thicker fabrics, and this time I also added magnetic clasps to the outer pockets (I put one on each side this time).  Last time, I didn't read the instructions right and my shoulder straps were half the width they should have been.  This time I made them per the pattern specifications, but didn't like how wide they were, since my shoulders are sooooooo narrow.  I ended up folding the strap in half and stitching together for approximately ten inches.  This makes the part that rests on my shoulders a better width for me, so that my bag won't always be sliding off!  I also used more Echino and a DS Quilts bias plaid for the inside bits!

look at that gorgeous deer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this so much and can't believe how well that DS plaid goes with the Echino!

xoxo

Fi said...

This bag is like the freaking prettiest thing ever. Go you!!