Friday, March 29, 2013
today's finish isn't all that exciting by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a cute baby quilt.
i found two ziplocs in a cabinet i was cleaning out before christmas that had these fabrics in it, apparently already cut for a quilt. i had to dump out the pieces and figure out what blocks i'd planned, since there were no instructions anywhere!
i figured out the blocks, and put them together in a simple layout, with some extras incorporated into the backing. i used this small quilt to try out leah day's pointed paisley quilting design, and while i wasn't that thrilled with it, it looks all right after the quilt was washed and dried and a bit crinkly.
so now i've crossed another item off of my pre-2012 WIP list and have another quilt for a charity donation. win-win!