Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday


yesterday afternoon i ran out of things to do at work, and i had some errands i needed to run, so i left before 2:00.  even with taking care of my errands, i managed to get in a couple hours of sewing!

i pulled out my embroiderbee quilt, wound a few bobbins with grey thread, and put the darning foot on my vintage Bernette.  i only recently realized i could drop the feed dogs on this machine, because the lever was in an unusual spot.  i thought this would be a good opportunity to try it out.

this quilt was one of the ones basted with the defective basting spray, though, and i was concerned about slippage, so i pulled out my tin of safety pins and added pins all over to be safe. i made it over a third of the way through, and used up six bobbins of thread before i called it quits.  i did end up with a small puckered area in one place, but the quilting is so dense that i decided i can live with it, since this quilt is going to be mine.

hopefully i can get the quilting finished by the end of the week, and can handstitch the binding when i have friends over for "sewcializing" on sunday.

1 comment:

Jacey said...

I really like the looks of it so far! I know pebblings takes a lot of thread, but six bobbins is intense!