i know i said i was finally going to work on the darn benjamin bunny charity quilt this week, but i'm just still not feeling it - to the point where if i was going to have to work on it, i would choose not to sew!
instead i decided that i'd like to work on my row robin quilt. from the end of 2010 to midway through 2011, various members of the Houston Modern Quilt Guild made rows for a quilt for me, following (more or less!) my instructions. i ended up with 5 1/2 rows of 5 blocks each. safieh still owes me a couple blocks, which she's promised soon! i laid my rows out and decided on a layout. initially i had planned to put one row on the back, but decided i'd rather have the extra length in the quilt. a few months back i ordered some anna maria horner loulouthi triflora in silver on great sale for the backing. it's a little narrow, but i think i'll just piece a strip of kona coal to make it wide enough. i haven't decided on binding yet, but i have this great orange and white print i bought at Quilt Festival two years ago that looks like an intricate damask from a distance, but up close it has spiders and webs in it! perfect for me, since my birthday is halloween!
i even ended up with an extra block from fi that was too large, that i'm going to use as a label on the back of the quilt.