Wednesday, February 22, 2012
i'm trying super hard to get things crossed off my WIP list, and i've made good progress on another item this week.
on sunday i dug out this quilt top i made circa 2003 and found backing fabric from my stash. it was leftover from a pair of pj pants, so was in two long narrow strips i had to piece together. then i pin basted, since i was out of spray baste and didn't want to leave the house! i also found binding i had previously made for this quilt, but it didn't match the backing i chose, so i found a different fabric in my stash to use.
tuesday morning i spent about 45 minutes before i left for work and got the quilt one-third quilted. i am outlining each duck and each set of waves. tuesday night i was able to finish up the quilting and prep my binding.
tonight i'm hopeful i'll be able to get the binding sewn on and handstitched to the back, allowing me to cross another WIP off my list!