Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

WIP Wednesday - The Quilt Math Fail Edition

 

Remember a couple weeks ago when I blogged about this quilt:



I was so excited that I'd found the perfect pattern to use with my fat eighth bundle of Pretty Potent.

Ummmm, yeah.  Not so much.  I got all of my geese arrow units assembled, and realized I only had half a quilt!

 



And I didn't have enough fabric to cut out the pieces to make the remaining half!  Which meant I had to order more fabric.  Fortunately, I found Llama Fabrics on etsy who was willing to sell me quarter yard cuts of the six prints I needed more of!

I've got my pieces cut and pinned together to make the second half of my flying geese units, and this quilt is on my list to finish up soon, hopefully this weekend!


I'm linking up with other WIP Wednesday posts at Freshly Pieced so click over to see what other peeps are working on this week!

2 comments:

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

So glad you were able to find more coordinating fabric!

Stephie said...

Haha, that's my kind of fail, love it!!! So glad you managed to get more fabric though :) Looking good.