Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday Finish - The Long-Ago Bee Quilt

 
A long time ago, in 2010, I participated in a couple of rounds of the 3 x 6 Bee on Flickr, and chose orange and grey as my colors.
 
The blocks sat . . . and they sat . . . and they sat.
 
About a month ago, I rediscovered the stack of blocks late on a Sunday night whole rooting around in my craft room for something else.
 
Within a couple of hours, I had a finished top and a prepped binding.  The next night I made a backing.  I used one of my favorite Lizzy House prints, and a strip of a grey on white graph paper print.
 
A couple of weeks ago I quilted this on a long arm, using some of my pre-paid rental hours, using a simple loopy meander design.


This is one of my favorite blocks from the quilt.

 
As you can see in the first photo, ringo has already tried to claim this quilt as his.  I haven't let him have it, though, because he already has plenty of other quilts, including one that matches his fur just as well, and my guild's charity committee has a hard time getting quilts larger than baby size.  So this will go off to be a perfect sized lap quilt for someone who needs a quilt.  It's approximately 50" x 60".

No comments: