small finished objects - 1st Qtr 2014
finished quilts - 1st Qtr 2014
Back in January, I set goals for 2014 in the following categories: financial, health, home and quilting and sewing.
Here's the list of my quilting and sewing goals:
1. learn to use my serger - for reals this year
2. complete more of my WIPs, and acknowledge that it's okay to give away or discard projects i'll never finish!
3. make at least 4 quilts for charity
4. participate in Feathers QAL and finish quilt promptly
5. keep using the fabric i have instead of purchasing more, and limit new purchases (basic solids purchases are okay, but try to keep other fabric purchases down to less than 2 yds per month
6. continue with the garment sewing and use up the garment fabric i've already purchased
7. make a quilt with my hoarded jay mccarroll fabrics
So, how am I doing so far?
#1 - ummm, no serger attempts yet!
#2 - making progress, as I finished two WIPS from 2013 and two from pre-2013, and I even gave away one WIP plus all of the coordinating fabric!
#3 - one done, so i'm on track with this goal
#4 - I got my Feathers quilt top done in time to be entered for prizes in the QAL a few weeks ago. Now I'm trying to decide how to quilt it! I'd like to decide and then get the quilt finished by the end of April!
#5 - I've been using stash, but I've also made some purchases. I got some really good steals at Jo-Ann recently so I bought a lot to use for backings for charity quilts. That purchase pushed me over my goal of 24 yards total purchases for the year. I'm realizing that that's just not a reasonable goal, so I'm modifying the goal for acquired fabric to be less than one-fourth of the fabric used during the year.
#6 - haven't made any garments yet this year. I did see that someone is bringing a serger to Stash Bash at the end of the month, so I think I'll take the pieces for a skirt I've been wanting to make for AGES, but which has ruffles down the front which require a rolled hem!
#7 - I haven't made a whole quilt using my hoarded Jay McCarroll fabrics, but I did use up two large pieces in the backing for my Catvent quilt.
Overall, I'm pleased with my progress so far this year. Now let's see what I can accomplish in the 2nd quarter of 2014!