Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday Finish



last weekend i played around with a Sherbet Pips charm pack and cut each charm into quarters and laid out 81 of the pieces to make a cushion cover.

i got the squares pieced together, then quilted them using an orange peel design.  i cut a template out of paper and laid it on my fabric and traced lightly with a pencil.  super helpful, as i can't manage this design without having lines to follow!  i did the quilting with a medium grey thread, which allows it to show up a bit.

after i got the front quilted, i added piping (store bought since i had a package of white on hand), and made a hidden zipper back.

this one's 18" square, and i'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!  admittedly, the phot looks a bit wonky, but it's a) the crappy lighting in my sewing room and b) because i had to wash the cover to remove the quilting lines i drew, and i took the picture without the cover being stuffed with a pillow form!

No comments: