Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Finish


Yippee!  I have another finish this week to share with you.

rail fence charity quilt - front

rail fence charity quilt

At the end of 2012, I found another pre-2012 WIP: a stack of 9 large rail fence blocks to make a baby quilt.  Last week I pieced them into a top (36" x 36"), made a backing and binding from my stash, and got it basted.

This week I practiced my FMQ some more on this quilt.  I tried feathers, more vines, more spirals, meandering, and loopy meandering. Last night I handstitched the binding to the back while I talked on the phone with my mom.

Now a wash, dry, and this one's ready to add to the charity quilts stack! As an added bonus, I dug into my stash for the backing and binding, and that brings my total stash usage up to 10.5 yards so far this year!

1 comment:

Jacey said...

I'm glad you have had so much success with your free-motioning! I can't wait to see what you do now that you have Angela's book!