Last week my goals were to keep on working on finishing things. Well, that was a big FAIL! I got nothing from my list done at all!
On Sunday night, I decided I needed to start a new quilt. At the HMQG retreat back in May, I won an Opal Owl Jelly Roll, which I hadn't yet done anything with, though I had purchased yardage of some of the prints int he line for backing and binding for a future quilt. My mom had asked me to make a lap quilt for her cousin's wife's 95 year old mother who had lost everything in a fire at her senior apartments and who was now having to move into a nursing home. At first I just planned to make a Jelly Roll Race quilt, but decided to do a braid quilt instead. By the end of Wednesday night, I had five braids, each to finish at 7.5" wide and 50 +" long. By Friday I had cut strips of kona snow for very skinny sashing and a border. And that's where I stopped.
M was fishing, so I had a super lazy weekend, filled with a 12 hour marathon of Bones on Netflix from 7:00 p.m. Friday night until 7:a.m. Saturday morning! Liz and Gaby came for sewing on Saturday afternoon, but we didn't actually sew. We did fondle fabric, make a trip to JoAnn where we each bought several garment patterns on sale, then went to dinner.
On Sunday morning I cut out a blouse from this pattern:
I found a piece of fabric in my stash to use, and it sewed up very easily and quickly. However, I decided I didn't like how the facing lay, and the neckline was a bit high in the front. I cut out the facings and made the neckline a bit lower. Then I called M and asked him to stop at JoAnn on the way home and pick up some bias binding to finish the neckline, since it was raining and I didn't want to leave the house! By the time he finally got home, though, I was watching Bones again, and had lost my motivation to finish the blouse!
So, my goals for this week:
--> finish blouse
--> assemble Opal Owl braid top and piece backing
--> cut out linen dress from new pattern