Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

lily's quilts QAL

this week i decided to join a quilt along hosted by the fabulous lynne at lily's quilts. her sample miniquilt made of a single block from her pattern for the QAL was the deciding factor. it's a large dresden plate and she quilted around it in circles. she also used the sherbet pips line, and it's darling!

today is the day we're supposed to be cutting our fabric, but i haven't printed out my templates yet, nor have i selected my fabric. gasp!

i'm auditioning several choices, and i'm also considering making a smaller quilt for a neighbor's new baby boy.

one option is to cut into my jay mccarrol stash, and use kona coal as the background fabric:

another option is to go with black and white prints and chose a kona solid for the background:

a third option is to use this QAL as a stashbuster and just use a bunch of prints from my stash (this is just a wee portion of my stash):

if i choose to do fewer blocks and make a baby quilt, i'll use these fabrics:

i may just go with the baby quilt option, since i do need a quilt for him. that way i could use it as a practice, and make myself a full 6 block quilt later.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Wow! Lots of pretty, pretty choices! I've been thinking about pulling out my black and white stash for this, too, instead of the Sunkissed. My husband got home a few hours ago and is sound asleep! Hopefully he can get my templates to work when he wakes up. Jet lag is no fun! Our son is home for the weekend, too. He's asleep as well & doesn't have jet lag for an excuse! The kitties are thrilled to have them both home. They keep running back and forth between the two beds trying to decide who to nap with!

smazoochie said...

I'm thinking of adding this to my to-do list as well. I like all of your fabric options.